Creamy Corn Soup
- 2 lbs Mambo Corn
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups warm milk
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Using a medium saucepan, add the corn, celery, onion and parsley. Add the water, bring it to a boil, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Strain the vegetables and set them aside.
- Return the corn stock to the saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the warm milk.
- Using a small bowl, combine the melted butter with the flour and mix well to form a runny paste.
- Whisk the paste into the corn stock until it is fully dissolved.
- Season with salt and pepper and bring it to a boil.
- Boil it for 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the vegetables back to the broth and heat through.
- Sprinkle fresh parsley.
- Add a corn cobette to each bowl, as garnish.
SHARE THIS RECIPE