- 4 Mambo Jamaican style Patties
- 2 Tbsp of Mambo Sofrito(Dice peppers and onions)
- 1 cup long grain rice (such as jasmine)
- 1 15oz can dark kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14oz can light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Using a medium saucepan, add a tablespoon of olive oil and Mambo sofrito.
- Sautée for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sautée for another minute.
- Add the rice and stir for a minute or so.
- Combine the water, coconut milk, thyme sprigs, salt and pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove pan from heat; remove the thyme sprigs and garlic, and discard.
- Gently stir in the beans.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with Mambo Jamaican Style Patties (for heating options and times please follow the directions from the package)
SHARE THIS RECIPE