Okra and Shrimp Stew
- 1 lb Mambo okra
- 1 lb of peeled and deveined shrimp
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- ½ yellow bell peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet until the butter is melted.
- Add the onion and bell peppers. Toss to coat evenly.
- Stir in the okra and cook over medium heat until the onion is translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, wine, lemon juice, parsley and Cajun seasoning.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes soften.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Add the shrimp and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes, or until the shrimp turns pink and opaque.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.
SHARE THIS RECIPE