Italian Beef Stew
- 1 cup Mambo Green Beans
- 1 cup of Mambo Sweet Peas
- 2 lbs red meat, cubed (your choice of beef or veal)
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small yellow onion,diced
- 2 cups carrots,sliced thin
- 6 stalks celery sliced thin
- 6 cups water
- 1 16-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 14-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt adjust to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2-3 bay leaves
- In the bottom of a large pot, over medium high heat, cook and crumble the ground beef along with the garlic and onion.
- When the beef has browned, about 8 minutes, add the carrots, celery, bay leaves and water to the pot.
- Increase heat to high and add the diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, basil, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cover with a lid.
- Once the stewis boiling, stir, and reduce heat to medium; add the green beans and sweet peas and simmer uncoveredfor about 15-20 minutes, until the carrots are tender.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
SHARE THIS RECIPE