Traditional Spanish Sofrito
- 2 cups of Mambo Sofrito
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 5-6 large ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp paprika, sweet
- Heat a large frying pan with a heavy bottom over medium heat. Pour enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add Mambo sofrito and sautée for about 5 minutes, until translucent. Reduce the heat if necessary, to avoid burning.
- Add garlic, stir and sautée for a couple of minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and paprika to the pan and mix well.
- Continue to cook for about 10 to 15 minutes, until the sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Use it as sauce or as an ingredient in another recipe. You can also store in the refrigerator for a few days in a sealed container, or in the freezer after cooled down.
SHARE THIS RECIPE